Friday, 20 February 2015

Whakawhanaungatanga



We have been learning all about whakawhanaungatanga and what it means. We think it is all about getting along better, including everybody and being in a team.

When we are showing Whakawhanaungatanga we will :

 
See:  people sharing and noticing other people

Hear:  kind words, encouraging words like "ka pai", "good job”, “can I help?"

Think about: about other people, listen and share.


Task: Listen to your buddy and learn some things about them. Work together to create a poster sharing what you have learned about each other. Remember to practise using encouraging words, to share ideas and to notice how you your buddy might be feeling. 

 Success Criteria:     
  • I used kind words.
  • I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
  • I shared my ideas with my buddy.
  • I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.

Reflection
I used kind words.
 
 
 



I listened to my buddy and found out something new.
 
 
 



I shared my ideas with my buddy.
 
 
 



I show whakawhanaungatanga in and out of the playground.
 
 
 


I show whakawhanaungatanga when: I use kind words and I share my stuff with my friends.

It was hard when: People are not kind to me but I try to be kind to them.


I really liked: People being kind to me and I am kind to them.

Kerri Thinks
 
 
 


Eshaan, you are a delightful young man and it has been a pleasure to get to know you over the last few weeks. You show whakawhanaungatanga both in and out of the classroom and you notice other children and try to help them. I love how after only 2 weeks you are part of the High5 team, it is like you have always been here!
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment