Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

Photo of KWL (from the group) and/or draw it

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because:

It was really hard when:

Something that really helped me was:

Something new I learned was:
Kerri Thinks
You are a fabulous reader and I love how you are so keen to share you thinking before and after reading. Thinking about what we know before we start reading helps us to get our brains ready for new ideas and it can help us to work out some new and tricky words.

Your next step is to increase reading fluency, this means to make your reading sound like talking. We are using plays to help us practide reading out loud and with expression. Remember to read the punctuation to build fluency.


No comments:

Post a Comment