Sunday, 6 September 2015

Writing to describe

BvsgpweIn High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself 
My writing:

And the


How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks


I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks
Reflection

My favourite part was when we: did lots of talking about what details we are going to add.

It was really hard when: we had to do the fixing and to look for where the full stops need to go.

Something that really helped me was: added details of what we can see what we can hear and how the person moves.

Something new I learned was: if you do a good plan you can put your ideas in your writing.

Kerri Thinks
Eshan, you are starting to plan your writing by thinking about the main ideas you want to include in your story. Remember to add more details to your plan that you can then add to you story.
Part of fixing your writing is reading and making sure it all makes sense. Sometimes you need to add some words so your writing is clear for the reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment